The finalists for the Seafood Excellence Global awards competition were announced by Diversified Communications, organizer ofSeafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, which will take place 7-9 May 2019 at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Brussels, Belgium.
The event’s product competition features and recognizes the best seafood products represented at the exposition. All seafood products entered for the awards competition will be displayed during the three-day event in the Seafood Excellence Global stand 8-4430 in Hall 8.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on 7 May 2019 in the Auditorium 2000 from 18:15 until 20:00 at the BRUSSELS EXPO.
Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product. Five special awards will be presented for innovation, convenience, health & nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
This year’s 37 finalists representing 12 countries are:
- Ocean Tartinade Tuna from Amacore Seafood B.V. – Netherlands
- Giant Squid Accras from Crustacook – France
- Glutenfree Calamar Romana from Escal SA – France
- Bites of Smoked Back of Cod in a Thai Marinade from E. Fournier & Fils – France
- Smoked Back of Cod Tartar Marinated with Tomatoes & Basil from E. Fournier & Fils – France
- Insalata di mare e cereali (Seafood and Cereals Salad) from Fiorital spa – Italy
- Shrimp and Vegetable Crispy from Freshpack – France
- Salmon Mini Steak from Guyader Gastronomie – France
- Guacamole with Fresh Spirulina from GlobeXplore – France
- Salmon Terrine with Heart of Dulse and Ginger Heart from GlobeXplore – France
- Seaweed in Wooden Hamper from GlobeXplore – France
- Miso Marinated Cod Portion from Pacific West Foods Sdn – Malaysia
- Nori Himalayan Salt Squid Spiral from Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd – Malaysia
- Prawn in Hor Mok Thai Coconut Sauce from Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd – Malaysia
- Southern Fried Fish Burger from Pacific West Foods Sdn – Malaysia
- Flamed Salmon Fillet, Original from Hätälä Oy – Finland
- Gravlax, Arctic Berries from Hätälä Oy – Finland
- Original Fish Sausage from Hee Chang Trading Co., Ltd. – Korea
- Seafood Parfait – Smoked Mackerel & Lime Marmelade Gel from iASC Irish Atlantic Seafood Company/Keohane’s Seafood – Ireland
- Original Rum Cured Smoked Salmon from John Ross Jr. (Aberdeen) Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Smoked Meagre from J.C. David – France
- Dutch Yellowtail from Kingfish Zeeland BV – Netherlands
- Seafood Salad with Legumes from Medusa – Cesare Regnoli & Figlio – Italy
- Brochettes Bio Garlic and Parsley from Nueva Pescanova – Spain
- Fiesta Shrimp with Cream Cheese & Chives Sauce, and Crunchy from Nueva Pescanova – Spain
- Rainbow trout fillet with green garlic & mint from PR Foods AS – Estonia
- Rainbow trout with lemongrass and citrus from PR Foods AS – Estonia
- Gim & Gim Almond (Crunch Seaweed with Almond) from SewhaSeafood Co., Ltd. – Korea
- TASTY BAG Prawns in Creamy Garlic from Shore nv – Belgium
- TASTY BAG Prawns in Coconut Curry Sauce from Shore nv – Belgium
- Saint Pure Salmon from St. James Smokehouse (Scotland) Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Salmon Label Rouge Royal Mile Cut from The Scottish Salmon Company – United Kingdom
- Tuna Taste Chunks from Surimi from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Smoked Salmon with Bee Honey and Pollen from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Surimi Noodles WOK Style from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Vilsund Blue Thai Curry Mussels from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
- Vilsund Blue Spicy Salsa Mussels from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 79 product applications, to be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement.
All products submitted and finalists’ products will be showcased at the Seafood Excellence Global stand located in Hall 8-4430 during the exposition in Brussels and can be viewed on the event’s website at https://www.seafoodexpo.com/global/seafood-excellence-global-showcase/.
SeafoodSource.com, a publication of Diversified Communications, is the official media for Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global. As the global leader in seafood industry news and information, SeafoodSource.com will extensively cover the event.